Wildlife Gardening with Paul Peace

Wildlife gardening - timely advice throughout the year, projects etc. Information on wild flowers, birds, butterflies, bumblebees, mason bees, ladybirds, lacewings, frogs, etc. If it's to do with garden wildlife, you will find it here!

Friday, March 31, 2006

I bought a bag of baby leaf salad leaves from Tesco today. I was tucking in when I came across some Shepherd's Purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris). I thought it was a mistake as it's a common field weed but I just checked online and it is edible. Rather nice too - flowers, seeds and all. It's full of vitamins apparently and the Romans grew it as a pot herb. It has a long history of use to treat haemorrhages...which could be handy as it's a Friday night!

For more wildlife gardening advice, ebooks, information, projects and jokes please visit: www.thewildlifegarden.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Please visit my website at www.thewildlifegarden.co.uk for wildlife gardening advice, projects, jokes, etc!

Go to The Wildlife Garden website

Google
 
Web www.wildlifegardening.blogspot.com